Alex “Kofuu” Reinke Horikitsune, the only apprentice of Horiyoshi III apart from his son Souryou Kazuyoshi and part of Horiyoshi III family, spoke exclusively to HeartbeatInk Tattoo Magazine about the path in tattooing, the “Shu Ha Ri” learning system, the highly importance of the design and the “limits” of tradition.
Check out the interview, the photos and his tattoo work here:
‘AnexitiloN’ is the brand name of the artist Savvas Koureas, established in 1998. His work is widely recognised for its aesthetic diversity, together with avant-garde values. Some of his art pieces are permanently displayed at governmental and municipal buildings, at museums and private collections.
As a ‘kustom kulture’ revivalist, he does the followings:
- ‘Kustom’ freehand Airbrushing on any surface (bikes, cars, helmets, boats, art mural wall paintings, musical instruments, canvasses, shoes… almost everywhere!)
- Full body airbrushing for promotional campaigns, shootings and filming
- Tattoo flash art and custom designs by order
- Fashion accessories (design & branding)
A tattoo convention is a gathering of many tattoo artists and collectors who come together to share their artwork and create new pieces. Live tattooing, piercing, and a variety of different forms of entertainment serve as the main attraction, while vendors offer a plethora of goods for sale such as t-shirts, artwork, jewellery, and accessories. Additionally, daily tattoo contests, competitions, music, after parties and performances flesh out the schedule.
A reason for you to participate in the 1st International Tattoo Convention in CYPRUS:
– You can meet famous tattoo artists from around the globe, discuss your future tattoo and get it done at the spot.
– Cover up or correct your old tattoo.
– Estimate the quality and efficiency of artists work during the convention and choose the artists for your future tattoo.
– Get tattoo made in one day session.
– Find different tattoo supplies & accessories.
– Only here you can see with your own eyes all process of creating of tattoo.