General Information / Rules
- All judges are impartial and unbiased. All entries are considered fairly and equally upon their own merit.
- The performing artists remain anonymous until awards are presented; judging is based solely on the technical and artistic qualities of each tattoo.
- Tattoos must be complete to enter.
- Tattoo models must be present during registration.
- All tattoos entered into the contests must be performed by artists in attendance at the convention.
- You can enter in each category with max. 6 tattoos (5 new & 1 old).
- Each tattooist can participate with 1 previously done tattoo in each category.
- A single tattoo can be registered in only 3 different categories (ie: Best color or best realistic or best of the day)
- Unfinished tattoo/s can only be completed and enter into the contest only if a fairly considerable work must be done during the convention.
- Both the tattoo artist and the collector must be present to receive their trophies. In the case that either is absent, trophies will be awarded to the runner up.
- If you are a judge you may not enter any category you are scheduled to judge. You also may not judge a category that one of your artistic pieces has been entered into. If you need to be excused from judging a specific category an alternate judge will be provided.
- Photographers from multiple tattoo and life-style magazines will be present to photograph contest winners and participants. The Cyprus Tattoo Convention reserves the right to publish these photographs for promotional and for documentation purposes.
- May the best tattoo win.
- Best Friday, Saturday & Sunday. You must have your tattoo done by an attending Artist that day of the convention.
- Black and Grey Small (Must be only black, grey or white ink used. Tattoos with any color will not be judged in this category) – Smaller than A4
- Black and Grey Large (Must be only black, grey or white ink used. Tattoos with any color will not be judged in this category) – Larger than A4.
- Color Small (Any style of tattoo as long as it has bright vibrant coloring) – Smaller than A4
- Color Large (Any style of tattoo as long as it has bright vibrant coloring) – Larger than A4.
- Realistic (Must be a representation of something)
- Blackwork (The term ‘blackwork’ covers everything from ancient sacred geometry to modern abstract ornamental designs. Mainly it includes bold work of body art rendered in solid planes of black ink.)
- Dots (Creation of a pattern with varying solidity or shading using small dots or specks,
rather then using lines or solid areas.)
- Ornamental (A style of tattooing that is based on decorative design, geometric shapes and body flow.)
- Old School (Western or traditional American tattoo style featuring bold black outlines and a limited color palette.)
- New School (This style is inspired by graffiti and cartoons. There is often used eye catching colors and cartoonish motives with varied thickness of the lines.)
- Best of the Show In this category for a tattoo to be registered; it has to be one of the winners from ‘Best of the Day’ categories.
* Three trophies for each category, except ‘Tattoo of the show‘.